Navigating the Dating World After 50
Divorce after 50, or grey divorce, is a life changing event that means starting over as a single person in a whole new dating world. Many newly-single adults are not sure about what their life will be like after an unexpected and devastating divorce. Our New York City divorce lawyers at Goldweber Epstein, LLP can help you ensure that you are prepared legally and financially for a fresh start, so that you can focus on the exciting new world that you are joining. Let us help you get ready to date again after divorce.
Dating after Grey Divorce
We know how quickly the dating world is changing with the help of advanced technology and connections at our fingertips.
We’ve put together a list of 5 tips for dating after 50, to get you started for success:
- Know what you want in a partner and stick to it: Write down a list of must haves, wants and deal breakers in your new partner. Set intention to be the best partner you can while bringing into your life the person who you believe will be your best fit. If you meet someone and they do not fit the picture of who you want in your life, be willing to let them go. Do not settle now that you have another chance at love.
- Meet in person: If you are online dating or meeting new people on social media or dating sites, meet in person as soon as you can. It is risky to develop an online relationship without meeting in person and determining if there is chemistry, attraction and a live collection. Make plans to meet in person after just a few emails or messages so that you know the connection is real and that the photos match the person you are talking with.
- Learn from the past: Don’t enter the dating world before examining, healing and learning from you past relationships. Understand what went wrong and what you can do so it doesn’t happen again.
- Be yourself: Take this opportunity to truly be yourself when you are meeting people. Don’t waste your time with niceties or fake personas that will only hinder your connection. If you love Star Wars or collecting frog figurines, let it be known! It might bring a like-minded partner into your life.
- Have fun: Keep a sense of humor, start learning new things, pick up new hobbies and be willing to laugh. Dating is fun if you approach it with a sense of humor and a willingness to be silly. There is no age limit on laughter, so don’t worry about the serious stuff while you are getting to know someone new.
Your New York City Divorce Lawyers
A divorce is a major life-changing event, especially when you’ve been married for a long time or are reentering the dating world in your later years. Let our team of New York City divorce attorneys work with you to help the transition be as smooth and painless as possible. We understand the unique difficulties that divorce after 50 involves and we want to stand by you as you process the changes. Our team can work to protect your future in your divorce and help you with plans for your new single life. Let us be an ally in the potentially intimidating world of single life after grey divorce.
Contact our team to discuss your divorce at (917) 809-7669.